Wednesday, March 2, 2011

6 More Weeks, Four Months Left (Until The End of Queen's)

How did time go by so quickly? No, really. How? There are exactly 6 weeks left of classes for this term. And to put this into perspective (since I'll be, hopefully, done my Masters Research Paper in June) there are only four months left until I finish my Masters degree. Four months. Four months until I leave Kingston for good.

I don't know about you, but I've gotten extremely attached to this city. Who knows why, really. There's something so charming about Kingston that I've fallen head over heels in love with. And even though I complain incessantly about leaving home during my breaks, coming back to Kingston reminds me why I love it.

Oh, friends. My time in Kingston is almost over. And yet, I feel like I haven't done half the things I wanted to do in this city. There's still so much to do and see. And so, I've compiled a list of things I'd like to do in Kingston before I leave (on top of all my work, of course).

A KINGSTON TO-DO LIST BEFORE I LEAVE

1. Visit the Kingston Penitentiary. Because a tour of the local jail is free for all students. With your student card, of course. What's up.

2. Play squash at the ARC. Or just, you know, go to the ARC regularly for a period of time in general. Because I need to do something about this sedentary existence that is my life. And I also need to see the inside of the campus gym at some point during this degree.

3. Why haven't I ever been to Tir Nan Og? Like, ever? This needs to change.

4. Why haven't I ever been to Harper's Burgers? This also needs to change. Those burgers are rumoured to be life-changing. Mmmm. Succulent, mouth-watering beef. Come to me.

5. Take a Kingston Boat Tour. I don't exactly know how to do this. But my officemate keeps insisting that I go. And that I should perfectly time it so that I'm on the boat when the sun sets because it's apparently absolutely beautiful. How exciting. I should do this in June.

6. And since Kingston is in such close proximity to Ottawa and Montreal, why haven't I taken a weekend trip to either of these cities? I'd love to go to Ottawa for Canada Day. This needs to happen.

7. I want to make my last four months in Kingston count. And if that includes stuffing myself by trying out all the restaurants I wanted to visit in Kingston, then so be it. See: Niji Sushi, Copper Penny, Luke's.

8. Study at Douglas Library. In the Harry Potter Room. I still haven't been inside. I know, shame on me.

9. Take pictures along the lake in the spring. Or, better yet, fly a kite by the lake in the spring. I've seen people do this, and I want in. Also, I don't really walk around the lake area very much, so I should probably wander the area before I leave.

10. Carrot cake. The Sleepless Goat. Enough said.

There are probably more things to add to this list, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Oh, Kingston. I'm going to miss you when I leave. I'm going to try to make the most out of my last few months with you.

"In all affairs, it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."
- Bertrand Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment