"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
— Maya Angelou
ABOUT THIS BLOG
I began this blog in July 2010 as I prepared for my move to Queen's. I thought this blog would be the best way to keep in touch with friends and family while I was away, with its main purpose to keep them updated with life in Kingston. I now use this blog to keep in touch with friends and family in Canada while in England for law school. Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. I grew up and went to high school in Mississauga, Ontario, graduating with an IBT education.
2. I graduated from the University of Toronto with a double major in Political Science and History. Clearly, I love my majors. And yet clearly, without at least one more degree, I will probably end up living in a box.
3. I completed my Masters degree in Political Science at Queen's University this past year. I studied elections. Woot.
4. I'm currently in law school. In England. And perhaps one day, most likely years from now, I'd like to become the first Filipino justice sitting on the Supreme Court of Canada. We can dream, right?
5. I love reading. And writing. And reading. And writing. And repeat. And repeat.
6. One day, I want to be a contestant on Jeopardy. Clearly, my interests compare to that of a 65-year old, retired male.
7. I love ballet. I love politics. I love tennis. I love playing chess. I love board games. I love dancing. I love history. I love books. I love museums. I love figure skating. I love shopping. I love travel. I love my reality televison. I love watching entirely too much television. I love the piano. And did I mention I love shopping?
8. I am a staunch believer in not judging people based on the stereotypes associated with their physical attributes (i.e. She's very bubbly and perky, ergo she must be an airhead!!) unless their actions confirm that stereotype. Please. Get to know people for their mind, friends. Not the way they look. You may be surprised at what you find.