Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas, Dear Readers!

It's Christmas Eve, my friends! It isn't everyday that we get to celebrate Christmas. Of my twenty-three years, I've only experienced the holiday season twenty-three times, and I only remember about fourteen of those times (who really remembers Christmas when they were two? I thought so). We don't get to celebrate the holidays often. Christmas comes once a year, and passes as quickly as the season came.

This may be one of the last Christmas days I'll be spending at home for a long time. Who knows where I'll be next year for law school? Who knows if I'll be able to fly home for the holidays next year? And so, dear friends, as we go through the grad life so laden with unpredictability, I hope we enjoy and appreciate this Christmas with our families and friends: the ones we love and adore. As we grow up, a time may come when opportunities like these don't come as often as we'd like.

And now, I hate to be cliche (actually, who am I kidding? I'm as cliche as they come!), but I'm off to bake gingerbread cookies and figure out the ham and turkey situation with my parents, in preparation for tonight's (and this weekend's) festivities.

Merry Christmas, everyone! May you all have a wonderful, memorable Christmas Eve and Christmas weekend!

"The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather what they miss."
- Thomas Carlyle

"It is, indeed, the season of regenerated feeling--the season for kindling, not merely the fire of hospitality in the hall, but the genial flame of charity in the heart."
- Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment