Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 1 - The 30 Day Blog Challenge

I'm too impatient to wait until March to start a 30 Day Blog Challenge. And so, as this month and year draws to a close, I decided to throw common sense to the wind and start a 30 Day Blog challenge on December 29. Rebel without a cause, you know?

THE 30 DAY BLOG CHALLENGE

Day 1 – A PHOTO OF YOURSELF AND A DESCRIPTION OF HOW YOUR DAY WAS

This is a picture of me, ready to take on the world. What, you don't recognize me? It's the only cartoon of a little Asian girl that remotely resembles me online. Okay, I'll admit it. I'm too scared to place my actual picture on this blog, lest my students one day find it. It's all about caution, friends, so let's move on to the second part of this challenge.

I think this break is slowly transforming me into a lazy sloth. Case in point. I woke up at 6:00 am to continue reading Chapter 2 of The People's House of Commons. Because I'm crazy. And yet, after reading two pages, I woke up in confusion at 11:00 am, realizing that I fell asleep right in the middle of my reading. I hang my head in shame. Maybe I shouldn't have chosen to read in bed. Oh, these plans to be productive during the Christmas break. They're all in vain, I tell you.

I suppose the only remotely interesting aspect about my day today relates to my trip to Best Buy. After breakfast (consisting of fried rice and chicken. What? Who says you can't eat rice for breakfast?), my parents and I headed to Best Buy, on the hunt for a new iPod/mp3 for my Dad.

Okay, let me just say that I've never understood why people are so enamoured with Best Buy. I have friends who spend an insane number of hours at this store, staring lovingly at the 42" LCD they have no plans to purchase. So why waste so much time there? Today, I finally understood why. Today was a special day. It was the day I discovered the awesomeness that is Best Buy.

I don't know what it is about electronics that enamours people. But today, I fell under its spell. I spent the next hour fiddling with the iPod Touch that I previously had zero interest in purchasing, while my parents spent the next half hour distracted by the LCDs on sale. It's so funny how quickly these gadgets weave their spells on unsuspecting consumers. Case in point: I think I'm in love. Apple products are just so pretty.

Oh, gadgets. So awesome to live with, yet also potentially easy to live without.

Tonight I'm off for a Starbucks coffee date with Lenita and Andrea, which I'm incredibly excited about. Other than that, I hope to devote the rest of my day to reading the books I should have finished last week, according to my reading schedule. I'm slacking. If I had to rate my productivity during this Christmas break, it would be a -10. Let's cross our fingers that I'm more productive with the rest of my day, shall we? Canadian politics field course readings, I won't fail you.

"If there is any possible consolation in the tragedy of losing someone we love very much, it’s the necessary hope that perhaps it was for the best."
- Paolo Coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment