Monday, May 2, 2011

Today Is A Special, Special Day! - PLEASE VOTE! - ELECTION DAY 2011

It's Election Day.

Dun dun dun dun.

Cue Rocky soundtrack.

I really hope everyone has gone out to VOTE today! I said it before, and I'll say it again. We live in a country where we can actually do this. People are risking their lives in other countries (including the one I was born in), praying for free elections. But, WE have this privilege! PLEASE VOTE! If you haven't already, there are still TWO HOURS till the polls close in Toronto (at the time I'm writing this post), so please hit up your local polling station and exercise this democratic right!

It's an important day, my friends. As I write this post, we're electing into power Canada's 41st Parliament. Not only is today important, it's historic. Whatever happens tonight, this election has been tremendously significant. See: the NDP's surge, vote mobs engaging young voters, coalition talk, etc. This election is going down in history books.

Want to read an interesting article? CLICK HERE to read yesterday's Globe article on "How This ‘Unnecessary Election’ Has Changed Canada For The Better."

It actually gives me goosebumps to know that we're watching history tonight.

I stocked up on piles of healthy snacks to happily munch on for election coverage tonight. These are exciting times, folks. I'm so excited, I don't know what to do with myself. No really, I actually don't know what to do with myself. Like, I don't think I've been this excited since I found my favourite Kate Spade purse on sale in New York.

And so, I'm currently surrounded by crackers and hummus (because that's where it's at), about to watch Nova Scotia's election coverage, since Toronto's doesn't start for another two hours. I love Satellite TV, don't you? My only disappointment is that I'm missing the department's Election Party in Kingston tonight. I forgot to mention that I'm back in Toronto for the next few weeks, so I'll be watching tonight's coverage with my mother instead!

CTV's coverage begins at 8:00 pm, and POLLS WILL BE CLOSING in 2 hours in Toronto. I'll say it again, PLEASE VOTE, if you haven't already!

Have a great evening watching history go down tonight, everyone!

"The ballot is stronger than the bullet."
- Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment