Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ECONOMICS 101 - Getting Started??

It has come to my attention that I should probably learn the basics of economics (the terminology, the literature, etc). The last time I took an Economics course was in first year at UofT. ECO100, Introduction to Economics, anyone remember that? Clearly, I don't. I don't remember a single thing I learned in that course. Hey, it's been five years. I want to brush up on this!

However, it appears that I sold off my first year Economics textook (I'm not surprised). And, really, I'm not quite sure how to get started on this venture. I don't have time to take an actual course, so learning the basics will probably be something I'd read up on over the summer before law school (with, perhaps, friends who majored in Economics to help out, cough cough).

So, dear readers, if anyone reading this post can answer the following questions to help me with my dilemma, you will be my new best friend. And will be rewarded in lieu of cupcakes.

First, if anyone reading this went to UofT, took ECO100, and is willing to sell me their first-year Intoduction to Economics textbook, please, please, please let me know. I remember really enjoying that textbook (it was really easy to read and understand, moreso than other textbooks I've had). I'd really like to get my hands on it again. Curse my stupidity for selling it at the end of first year.

Second, if anyone reading this went to UofT, took ECO100, and still has notes from said course, would you pretty please let me borrow them?

Clearly, I'm trying to re-create ECO100 for myself all over again.

Third, and most importantly, if anyone knows of any online tutorials and links, that can serve as easy-to-follow (this is important!) comprehensive online guides to learning intoductory economics, please send them over!

So, please send me a Facebook message or an email if you have any information for the above three requests. I appreciate it, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment