Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, Dear Readers!


Dear Readers,

This blog post will actually be quite brief. As I write this post at 1:30 am on the Thursday before the Thanksgiving long weekend, I'll admit that my week has been grueling. More than a little stressful and incredibly draining. However, now that it's over, I'm getting quite excited. After spending my evening at the Grad Club's Trivia Night, I'm currently scrambling around, packing for my trip home. My Megabus to Toronto leaves Kingston tomorrow morning, and I'm so incredibly excited to be back downtown for a few days.

I'm thankful that my stressful week is over, I'm thankful that I'm heading to Mississauga for a weekend trip home that's long overdue, I'm thankful that I'll have the opportunity to see the friends I've dearly missed, I'm thankful for a weekend to spend with my family. And most of all, I'm thankful for the incredible month I've had in Kingston so far. I'm also thankful for all the fabulous upcoming events and activities with friends that I'm seriously looking forward to. Who knew Kingston could be so exciting?

I love Thanksgiving. I will forever have a fondness for the season it falls in and the heart-warming sentiments associated with the holiday. I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving long weekend! May you have a memorable, exciting holiday with the ones you love - a weekend to remember for years to come.

"So once in every year we throng
Upon a day apart,
To praise the Lord with feast and song
In thankfulness of heart."

- Arthur Guiterman

No comments:

Post a Comment