Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Second Semester Officially Over & Home For The Long Weekend!

I`m officially done with the most stressful month of my life. And that`s not an exaggeration. I handed in my very last (albeit, pretty crappy) term paper yesterday. But, that`s the thing. It`s done! It`s over! And now, back to a regular blogging schedule.

I can`t believe I survived.

There were moments in April (actually, in this year) where I thought I wouldn`t.

And with that last paper, and with the last day of classes 2 weeks ago, it`s time for a break. So I`m heading home for the Easter long weekend, tomorrow. (!!!!!). Oh, relief. I haven`t been home in two months, I can`t even imagine what my mother`s cooking tastes like anymore. Anyway, I`ll be home for four days, and will be back in Kingston this coming Monday. Home! Home! Home! I`m so excited.

And, starting this Monday, when I get back to my regular spot at the library, I start working on the last thing keeping me from my Masters degree: the Masters Research Paper. Thesis, whatever. But, more on that in a later post.

And yet, despite the joy and relief of having second semester over with, there`s the reality that, while my graduate program lasts until the summer, some don`t.

Meaning, many people are starting to leave, moving out of Kingston for good.

Insert sad face here.

Are you as terrible with goodbyes as I am? Because, trust me. I`m terrible at them. I can`t imagine what it`s going to be like moving out of Kingston in June. You know, that eighty year old Gramma that bawls her eyes out whenever she has to say goodbye to someone, even if they`ll only be apart for a few months?

That`s me. I`m your eighty year old Gramma.

Several friends I`ve made in Kingston will be leaving in the next week or so. A couple are leaving for exchange (to Europe!!), some are in programs that only last until April, and some are moving out and working on our thesis from home.

This is so sad. I hate saying goodbye. And, plus, There are so many things we`ve planned to do in Kingston that we haven`t done yet!

Like, for instance. I was supposed to visit the Kingston Jail with some of you. Is this not happening anymore?

Insert another sad face here.

And, to make matters worse, most of my housemates are moving out in the next week.

Break my heart, why don`t you?!

Well, anyway, to spare those of you moving out this week with my tearful salutations, I will end here with the note that I will see you all again soon. Be it in Toronto, in Mississauga, Ottawa, this summer. We will see each other again! And we`ll keep in touch!

And, I`ll brighten up, because I`m visiting home tomorrow! Woooooo.

HAPPY EASTER LONG WEEKEND, EVERYONE :)

"He told me that in Greek, nostalgia literally means the pain from an old wound. It’s a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn’t a spaceship, it’s a time machine. Goes backwards, forwards, and takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It’s not called ‘The Wheel,’ it’s called ‘The Carousel.’ It lets us travel the way a child travels, round and around and back home again, to a place where we know we are loved."
- Don Draper, Mad Men

No comments:

Post a Comment